Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DEMON DOGS!! LORDS OF LIGHT!!

    You gotta remember this awesome cartoon? You do , don't you? It came out in 1980 and ran for 2 seasons. Almost 34 yrs ago. I saw the dvd set on amazon and I want to get it but I have a vhs tape of THUNDARR that I recorded on ep mode so I almost got 6 hrs of THUNDARR! IIIIEEEEE! They even came out with toys in the early 2000's and have shirts as well! Where was all this shit when I was 10 yrs old and really needed these things? I will buy a THUNDARR shirt and I would get a toy but it's just not the same. It'll still be cool but even though I have somehow held onto being a child a little bit you will never get that joy of wonder and being completely enveloped by a cartoon , toys , or games like you did when we were kids.


    And here are some questions about THUNDARR that have plagued deep in the middle of the nite when I am alone contemplating secrets of the universe;

1)DID THEY MAKE THE THUNDARR CARTOON DIRECTLY BECAUSE OF THE POPULARITY OF CONAN THE BARBARIAN MOVIE?

2) WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THUNDARR TOYS BACK IN THE 80'S WHEN THE CARTOON WAS AIRING?

3) WAS A MOVIE ABOUT THUNDARR EVER TOYED WITH?

4) WHY DIDN'T MARVEL PICK IT UP AS A COMIC?

5) IF YOU COULD HAVE THUNDARR CROSS OVER WITH ANY OTHER CHARACTER WHO WOULD YOU PICK? i CHOOSE TARZAN OR WOLVERINE!

 6) DID THEY MAKE A ORIGIN EPISODE ABOUT THUNDARR?

7) ANY OF YOU READING THIS HAVE THE DVD SET?

8) WHAT BAND WOULD THUNDARR BE INTO? IRON MAIDEN , JUDAS PRIEST , OR BLACK SABBATH? OR WOULD HE BE A BLUE OYSTER CULT GUY? I THINK SABBS , THE CARTOON WAS KINDA DOOMY.

9) I CONTEMPLATE WITH MY LEFT HAND! THAT'S ALL THE GOOD Q'S I COULD COME UP WITH.

    I looked THUNDARR up on wikipedia and found some answers to these question. He was inspired by STAR WARS , THOR and KAMANDI and I think THUNDARR predates HE-MAN and I collected HE-MAN toys but the cartoon sucked , THUNDARR was way better! THUNDARR came out before the CONAN movie I think? And Jack Kirby worked on some of the designs for THUNDARR and THUNDARR was created by Steve Gerber , the man who created HOWARD THE DUCK and good 'ol Steve was a damn good writer. He dies in 2008 , so mega thanx to Steve Gerber for being such a creative kinda guy , writing great stories and contributing to some of my cherished moments and memories as a child!
    Looking at THUNDARR now it's still entertaining and everything about the show still holds up. The animation , music , voice actors are all great for a saturday morning cartoon. I would have liked to have seen THUNDARR decapitate a wizard , mutant , reptoid , or wolfguy. That woulda freaked me out when I was 8! Now , I get more enjoyment out of THUNDARR then the majority of movies coming out these days! THUNDARR was a cool dude and he says some kind of funny shit that probably went over my head when I was 10. Man , felt good to get this out and I hope you remember THUNDARR as fondly as I do. What was your fave cartoon in the early 80's? And if you remember SECTAURS and CRYSTAR , I will blog about them too! Okay , later , hope you read my blogs and leave a comment and the zombie issue of MONDO SLEAZO is coming soon. @rty


No comments:

Post a Comment